Friday, August 06, 2010

Many Eyes to See

Here is a card I recently made for a fellow artist journaller on a pen pal list. Pen pals, what a concept right? It is fun to have a list of people who like to make and send and receive stuff in the mail. It makes picking up the mail much more interesting which is a good thing.
This card was made by painting several metallic acrylic paints in layers. Then I tore some mulberry papers into shapes that would back up the stamped eye. This eye is one that I hand-carved a couple of years ago. Some letters cut out from a magazine that say: SEE were the last thing added. I did a bunch of stamping and writing on the inside, but I didn't feel like photographing that.
Here's how the same stamp looks when stamped on some of my hand-dyed fabric.
And how it looks when stamped on previously painted paper.
And all the eyes together. I kind of like seeing so many eyes in one place.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Glad you are posting more! They eye is wonderful!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks Jaye! Yes, I'm making the effort to post more, doing some things ahead.