Saturday, August 28, 2010

Aullwood Audubon Exhibit


Two of my quilts are just returned from the Aullwood Audubon Exhibit, "It's A Green World" in Dayton, Ohio.
I've participated in this show a couple times before because I really love the nature-based themes they choose, suits a lot of the work that I do.
A very nice quilter Michigoose (Lisa Broberg Quintana) blogged about the entire exhibit, and did a review of my two quilts, so check out her blog if you want to see more of the art quilts that were displayed.
The first is Creation City.

The statement I wrote to go with it is: "An idealized vision of a city whose purpose is to create. The city is immersed in and completely a part of the natural world which surrounds it."
And here's a detail so you can see the quilting a bit better.



And the second one is Sun Garden.

The statement I wrote about it is: "The sun rules this garden where traces of it remain in all the flowers and plants."
And here is a detail shot so you can see the crazed-sketch quilting. I remember choosing to use this dark green/brown almost black because I thought it would give a sketched quality to the collaged fabric.

No comments: