Friday, July 30, 2010

Rainbow Around The Block


Here's the block that I made for the Rainbow Around The Block project. Anna Maria Horner is organizing the making of as many quilts as possible for the flooded out folks of Tennessee. I had to do a very simple block as I completely failed and flailed at making an actual for-real, correctly sized 12.5" block. I don't care too much when I make blocks for myself, but when it is for someone else, then it is suddenly very important!
First I tried this one. Really off! I like how it looks though!
I thought this one would be nice and easy, nope. Sigh. Guess I need to go back to beginning quiltmaker school, or try it again without the painkillers.

There is still lots of time to contribute a block if you feel like making one, all the rules and requirements are here.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Good for you! I am so glad you are participating. You can put borders on your blocks and voila', they are the correct size! Upload them to her Flickr group and feel the love!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I know about the borders, but that always seems so lame, and makes it hard to sew together for the person assembling the quilt. And yes, I did put my block up on the Flickr group, there are some really beauties up there!