Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Mini-Bunting Birthday Card

I just have to share this birthday card that I made for my friend Jaye (aka Artquiltmaker). I found the instructions at a really cool blog called How About Orange.
Her directions are for one made using colored paper bunting flags, but I used a bunch of fabric scraps for the bunting flags instead. I also didn't really follow the directions on how to assemble the card, mostly because I didn't read them over before I started folding and cutting the paper, but I still really like how it turned out. And most importantly Jaye seemed to like it, Happy Birthday my friend!
My short instructions are to
First fold a piece of cardstock in half, round the corners if you like.
Stamp or write your message.
Using an exacto knife cut two or three slits on the fold from the middle up to the top of the edge. Cut two diagonal slits on the top outside edge.
Cut fabric triangles, fold the top edge over with some glue around the string.
String through the slits and knot as you go.

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

This is SO COOL!!!! What a great way to use up scraps.....like I would EVER use all my scraps... <:)

XXOO!!
Anne

Jaye said...

I definitely like it and your photos are WAY better than mine, but I did put up a gushing review here: http://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2010/02/birthday-extravanganza/

Etsy for you?

Jaye