Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Journal Quilt Project


This year I'm participating in a new journal quilt project. This time around it is the: Six Word Memoir weekly journal quilt challenge. I've done monthly ones for several years now, but I liked this idea a whole lot, especially the addition of the six words. I'm sure that it will be a challenge every week to sum up in just six words and a 8"square quilt. The idea is that at the end of the year I'll have 52 small quilts with some memoir content, should be a cool record of the year to see all together in one place.
My first six words are:
"Eventually Holes Will Appear In Life".
The red fabric is a Crate&Barrel napkin that we've had since we got married way back in 1990 (yes that makes 20 years this year!). I guess it has been washed a few times too many since the teeny holes first appeared.
The words are embroidered with my Janome, the green/yellow under the words is interfacing that has been marked up with Sharpie markers. Underneath at the edges is a scrap of a fabric I really like, a green yellow geometric print.

No comments: