One of them ended up quite long, down onto the floor, but it is the exact right size for the bed. Looking in my project box, I realized I had a lot of strips now, I wondered how many and how they'd look together. I put them all up on the wall and saw that many of them were quite short compared to the one long and correct strip, that goes onto the floor in the picture above.
I'd say this is maybe 2/3 of enough to make the whole quilt, there are 18 and 1/4 strips done. So I still have a whole lot of cutting and sewing to do for this project. One of those long-term projects that it is fun to pull out and revisit on occasion.