Friday, September 04, 2009

The Quilter's Eye

I've shared all three of these pictures at some point or other. But they're all here in one post because I've just entered them in a photography content called The Quilter's Eye.
The photos are supposed to be illustrative of how we as quilters are using photography for inspiration or just photos that we've taken that we somehow find inspiring in our approach to quiltmaking.

The photos chosen for the exhibit will be printed out in a fairly large size and displayed at the International Quilt Festival in Houston (about 50,000 people attend). This is the first time I've ever entered a photography contest, so please wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jaye said...

I would love to see the pieces these photos inspired next to them in your blog sometime.

Leah said...

i hope you win the contest. they are lovely photos. and i love the pretty colors in your most recent post about yellow - the quilt is lovely.

Jaye said...

PS The two circles/ship tie ups would be a GREAT response to the circles prompt, http://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2009/06/creative-prompt-20-circle/

Shameless self promotion, I know. ;-)