Saturday, August 08, 2009

Tumbled Over

What a nice surprise!
Friend Jaye recently sent me a small mysterious Rechiutti box. Nope, no chocolate, even better...more Tumblers! Well, wait, I know that Rechiutti is Jaye's favorite chocolate, so it is entirely conceivable that the chocolate *in this case* would possibly be better than pre-cut fabulous fabric pieces for my Tumbler quilt project.
But I'm pleased beyond measure at these happy fabrics up on my wall cheering me up every time I pass by them. Thanks Jaye!

And who knows I may get the Tumbler cutting bug once again and add to the 18.25 completed strips for my eventual bed sized quilt. I haven't done a danged thing on it since January when I last posted about it. This is one of those slow-cooked quilt projects, not a race-to-the-finish deal.
But hopefully well-worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I absolutely love this pattern, and am too LAZY to even consider making one for myself.
With all the fabric I own, I could do a charm tumbler that would cover my whole house, and that's not a small area......
I guess I have to have something that keeps this teeny-tiny attention span of mine....like pushing a rubber stamp into clay for collage!
Really cool---can't wait to see more!

Jaye said...

Glad you like them. I meant to cut some more this weekend, but didn't get to it. Anne, it really isn't a big deal to cut one or two at a time as I pull out fabrics to use. I love seeing the stack gain heft. You could just do squares...