Monday, December 15, 2008

Vest Beginnings

It is hard to make time to sew something for myself at this time of year. But as I shared previously, I'd love to have some new holiday specific clothes. I've begun work on the vest. This is the fabric for the back. It is actually a Debbie Mumm, which surprised me when I looked at the selvedge, as I usually don't like her designs all that much.
Here is what the left vest front looks like. I used free form cutting and piecing. As long as the curves aren't too steep I can successfully sew the two pieces together.

Here are the two fronts together. I think I like how only one has the straight pieces cutting through.
That's as far as I've gotten, but better progress than last year's lame effort!


1 comment:

jenclair said...

Oh, I like this! I love vests anyway and like the different look to each side.