Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Rooms They Are A Painted

I don't know where that title came from. Guess I'll have to hum "The Times They Are A'Changin'" all day today. You are quite welcome for the new earworm.


As promised, here are pics of the house remodel, now that we have painted. I really pushed myself and painted all the rooms, in the space of a week and a half. First with primer, then the ceilings with white ceiling paint, and then onto the colors. I knew I was getting sick, as my husband was during all this, but I put it off til the day we finished, and came down with bronchitis. Not surprising after having had pneumonia over the winter holidays. Anyhoo, I got to recover in living color. We really went crazy with colors, neither of us had ever had colored rooms before, "Navajo White" was the most exotic that we ever got. But what a difference it makes.



First up is Alex's room, he went with a green theme as you can see. Choosing a green carpet and two shades of green for the walls "Happy Camper" and "Asparagus".




He is the lucky kid with two windows (a big topic of discussion), so it is ok to have the intense green as there is a lot of light in the room. Alex has yet to get a door put on his room, we had trouble finding a right hung door, now that we have it, hopefully it will get installed this week.

Next door big brother Zach chose three shades of blue for his walls and a very plush soft off-white carpet. You can see your footprints in it. I love how this room turned out. He has great color sense!


Our room has these enormous walls, and although I flirted with red and/or purple as color choices I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I asked for some help from the QuiltMavs for color advice, otherwise I was going to end up with white the rest of my life. The waterbed is only getting moved once people! So thanks to some good advice we ended up with three pale colors a brown named "Baked Scone" a green named "Mountain Haze" and a yellow named "Sweet Marzipan"
The media room is an orange "Precious Jewel" and a grey "porpoise".
Then the carpeting arrived a couple days later, right after a giant rainstorm where we got 5" in one day. The sky cleared, the carpet got cut out on the driveway and installed in one day. This crew was amazingly fast. The stairs, hallway and media room are all this oatmeal color, matches Zelda the wonder dog exactly!
So now you know what colors we have. Onto window sills, baseboard, and painting the doors and door trim. It has been great to move in to the new rooms a little at a time. I still don't have a studio yet and am missing having all my fabric set up in one place. Soon though, soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better - the COLOR LOOKS WONDERFUL - each of the rooms has its very own personality!

Enjoy the color - you are a woman who is certainly not afraid of it - and I'm sure you will have a ball seeing how your stuff looks on a new palate

Jaye said...

I am so glad you chose COLOR! I can't really see the colors of your room, but will have to invade to have a proper look. The orange is fantastic!

Kristen said...

i'm SO glad you went with Mountain Haze. i hope you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying it in our room. we've noticed that it looks different tones at different times of day and in different seasons.

it looks wonderful in your room with the other colors you chose.

i love all the colors in ALL the rooms. the media room color is fabbo. what fun!