Friday, July 28, 2006

Spiral Recycles 3

Another in a series, using the scraps on my worktable.
This is called Spiral Recycles 3 and is about 21h x 20". It is very textury with raw edges showing and unadorned batting too. The spiral pieces are mainly the cuts made off the edges of finished quilts before binding, ie quilted top fabric,batting and backing fabric.
It is quilted with bright orange thread which a bit more apparent in person, or when you click on the photo to make it larger.

I worked up quite a sweat making this, not because it was hard, but because my son had left his fan on and it warmed up the upstairs quite unreasonably. Usually I bleed on my quilts, but this one definitely got some sweat on it.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Spiral Recycles is a very cool piece. I love the sense of motion.