Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday Meme

Got this Blog Meme from Diane at Going to Pieces, leave me yours in the comments or put it on your blog and send me the link if you want to, I'd be interested to see what other people write. Who knows, I may have already done this one, but what the heck, it is probably different from a few months ago, right?!

10 years ago: Marc and I lived here in Boulder Creek, California, with our 21 month old and two month old boys. I was still deluding myself that I could go back into the work world. And I was just starting off into my quilting adventure. We had just finished building our garage.

5 years ago: No longer deluding myself that I'm going back into the work world, I've immersed myself in the stay at home mom thing completely, while artquilting for sanity's sake.
Boys are now almost 7 and 5. I am looking forward to both of them being in school this year.

1 year ago: We had just returned from camping at Mount Lassen, oldest son broke his wrist biking in parking lot, shuttling youngest son to soccer camp every day in Aptos.

Yesterday: I spent the morning waiting for my children to wake up, turns out they had stayed up all night watching movies with their cousin at my parent's house, hmmm. So that meant quality time with mom, and my aunt, we looked through old picture albums which was immensely satisfying. Finally the boys woke up and we went off to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (wow! I loved this movie!!) Then my boys and I went off to my sister-in-law's, to meet up with the visiting father-in-law and step-mother-in-law and of course the NEW baby! Ended up eating at the Elephant Bar (an Asian fusion chain restaurant is how I'd describe it), pretty good. Collapsed when we finally arrived home.

Today: Got out of bed at 10am, we all slept in. Watered front yard, and deck plants, it has been baking hot lately. It is 92F at 11am. Picked up our weekly produce basket at Camp Joy with Alex, we walked around the farm and said hi to the goats and ducks, and admired their enormous pomegranate tree. Listened to AirAmerica and read email, played Word Whomp online instead of taking a pain pill. Did dishes, laundry. Wrote this!

Tomorrow: Another day of visiting with in-laws, and probably my parents, hopefully swimming at the hotel pool where the in-laws are staying. Yes, I will remember sunscreen this time!

5 snacks I enjoy: Good dark chocolate, salt and vinegar chips, Barbara's Cheese Puffs, frozen grapes, terikayi turkey jerky.

5 bands/singers to whose songs I know most lyrics: Dave Matthews Band, U2, Peter Gabriel, Sting, Seal.

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Buy beachfront property and house in Northern California, buy my husband a super-cool and new car, send boys to private schools, travel around the world, run for congress.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Vancouver Island, New York City, Tahiti, New Zealand, Yosemite.

5 bad habits I have: Staying up late, procrastinating, eating unconsciously, being uncommunicative, spending too much time on the computer.

5 things I like doing: Reading, making stuff, being with friends and family, hiking, making things grow.

5 things I would never wear: A bikini, rude t-shirts, uncomfortable clothing, lacy frilly stuff, shoes that don't fit.

5 TV shows I like: The West Wing, Daily Show, MythBusters, Law and Order, and Whose LIne is it Anyways?.

5 movies I like: Brazil, Dr.Strangelove, Manchurian Candidate, Holy Grail, Lord of the Rings (all three!).

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Hilary Clinton, Jane Goodall , Sherri Tepper, Helen Caldicott and the Dalai Lama

5 biggest joys at the moment: Getting through a day without taking pain meds, sleeping in, making whatever I want, eating fresh summer fruit, and waking up every morning with my family around me.

5 favorite toys: My Janome 6500, my digital camera, my computer, my brain, my kids.

No comments: