Saturday, July 02, 2005

Self Portrait Time


This a Self portrait? Noooo, this is just one of the many faces that I've made in fabric. But I am contemplating how to do a self portrait for the Quilting Arts Magazine challenge. And I thought it would be interesting to see which faces I like the best, and what I feel like making. So join me in the way back machine as we go back to the year 2000.
So the above is from my Spirits From the Scrap Basket quilt, kind of an abstract, sketchy face.


Then I did a fabric piece from a photograph of my grandma, Grandma Loved Celedon Green










And then a paint and pen face on the Empress.



















And a fairly large self-portrait in the Contessa di Textura quilt. Lots of styles to choose from, some more successful than others.


No comments: