Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Calendar Choke

Well, I didn't get the calendar pieces done yet for the Quilting Arts Magazine calendar challenge. Sigh. Oh well, next year. BUT I do like how these are turning out. Maybe they will be appropriate for another show or something this year.

Mom's Sewing Basket, these are all scraps directly from my mom's sewing basket, which she passed on to me a couple years ago. There's velvet, upholstery fabric, polished cotton, flannel, satin, cordoury and a ruffle from something that was probably mine when I was a kid.

Utopia Calendar, almost done beading. Hard thing with beading...knowing when to STOP.

1 comment:

MsT said...

I love how these came out! Mom's sewing basket is a great idea and I love the second one - why does it remind me of a fishing village, like Mystic, CT? Yes, definitely try another venue, and yes, let's both start earlier next time so we finish well in advance of the deadline, pinky swear?.